• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • A Poem by Kosova Girl

    Apr 30, 2009
    They call my people
    blood thirsty terrorists
    blowing up buildings and planes
    with dynamite tied to their chests
    killing civilians by the hundreds
    -but am I a terrorist?

    True, some of my people
    of names similar to mine
    do act violently in despair
    when their human rights are stolen
    when their suffering and plights are ignored
    in the refugee camps of Sabra and Chatila.
    - but am I a terrorist?

    They are not living their faith
    just acting on emotions and hate
    full with the revenge for the oppressor
    with little regard for innocent lives
    they are just Muslim in name
    -but am I a terrorist?

    Islam, the religion of peace
    teaches Muslims to respect life
    "If anyone had killed one man
    except in lieu of murder and mischief
    it is as if he killed the whole mankind"
    Same verse in Torah and Qur'an too
    by the same God... Our Almighty Allah
    -how could I be a terrorist?

    Prophet Mohammad, Peace be upon him
    was a mercy to mankind
    he cared for the poor, elderly and sick
    even if not from his faith
    he stood in respect for a funeral procession of a Jew
    he let a cat take a nap on his robe
    not to disturb her, he cut his robe
    He told Muslim armies not to hurt women and kids
    sick and old, cut trees or kill animals just for fun
    I love him so much
    -how could I be a terrorist?

    But why do they call us terrorists?
    why not call the IRA, Red Army, Tamil Tigers
    Militant Hindus or Serbians terrorists.
    Why not call the militia
    blowing up government buildings
    and killing innocent civilians a terrorist
    No, the term is reserved for Muslims
    - and I am a Muslim.

    We are the victims of terrorism
    in Palestine, Bosnia and Kosova...
    by individuals and states
    with knives, guns, tanks and rape
    -who is a terrorist?

    I remember Serb soldiers came to my house
    they killed my father and my big brother too
    I miss them so much.
    They raped my mom and my sister too.
    I loved them so much.
    Then they burned my house, my books and toys too
    - and they call us terrorists.
    I got scared, and fled into the woods
    joined a caravan going to the border
    migrating from oppression to a land of peace and freedom

    I have walked two days and climbed a mountain
    I am hungry and thirsty, tired and sick
    My legs are weak and my feet are bleeding
    unable to walk anymore
    - do I look like a terrorist?

    I am not a terrorist
    I am a Muslim
    seeking love, peace and justice
    Ya Allah, please help me and my people.
    "You alone I worship, from you alone I seek help

    3 comments:

    1. ani said...:

      wah touching , may ALLAH bless her and whole man kind wtih pure heart.

      the evil will win.....

      the light will bloom through the darkness....

      ALLAH will be only with who had suffered and worked hard......
      MAY ALLAH BLESS U

    1. Shaikh Mohammed Zaid said...:

      i cant say anything
      i m just full of tear

      ya allah madad kar

    Post a Comment